Monday, October 7, 2013

not a happy camper

I need to get this blogging absence stuff under control...or under a schedule. I like schedules...and belly rubs.
Okay...belly rubs, not so much. Hmmm...treats? Yeah! I do like treats. I'll admit, this is a happy camper picture...but because I'm annoying like that, I like to throw people off. Actually, I just realized that the 4 of you reading this (myself included...twice) don't care. You'd rather I just get to the point. But if I did that, this post would end up being two sentences long.

I'm really not a happy camper. I've fallen 3 times in the past 2 weeks...and the paramedics had to come twice. I think that they have a special service or whatever that just helps people get off the floor. Maybe I should put that on speed dial. And it's an ingenious idea...because this has happened to me at least four times. That would be at least $200 of the government's hard earned money (since I have to pay at least $50 per ambulance call)! But in today's society, would it really be hard earned? I don't do politics and government stuff, so I digress...

I was really going somewhere with this falling thing, but, if you haven't learned by now, you have to be patient with me -- I will eventually meander back to the topic at hand. Since falling (or, as I like to call it: 'body checking the pavement') has become a more frequent occurrence these days, we (my family & I) have agreed that it would be a good idea to use my walker full time. That's like one of the last pieces of my independence! I always say 'at least I can still walk'. How long until that's not true anymore? And after that lovely day, the challenges still continue! I'm sorry to be such a whiny baby...well, maybe I'm not. We all face challenges and limitations. I'm not saying mine are worse than other people's...I'm not wishing for a different set of circumstances (although, if God were to decide to heal me, that'd be cool)...or even a different life; all I'm saying is that this bites! It reminds me that no one really has any idea what the hell I actually HAVE...and so therefore it could be fatal...it could be curable...it could be treated completely differently than it is right now...who knows? Yes, I know God does...but it's going to be a few days until that brings me any comfort.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Kitty....I won't say, "Hang in there" that would be stupid! But I will say, "You are loved by God, me and so many others". I do and will continue to pray for revelation concerning your care as well as for your mobility to improve. It's ok to have set backs...be whiny here and there....but remember that you are fabulous and you can do this. You lack nothing....with God. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete