Thursday, March 15, 2012

I get a Bible quote as well as a devotional delivered to me everyday. Since I moved back with my family, I've found those two things to be a little more helpful in my 'journey' to overcome this crippling depression. I've been saving them in a document on my computer in the hopes of 'doing something' with them. Maybe printing them out and putting them in places where I will see them everyday. Well, since I'm not living on my own...yet..., that's not really feasible. Then I got the brilliant idea to blog using those items as centerpieces. That works...if I would only sit down and do it! So, now I'm sitting down and doing it...

God is a God of beginnings. The good news of Mark is that God begins again with the chosen people by sending his Son. At the end of the Gospel ... things look far more gloomy. The women slink away from the empty tomb and are mute from fear. [See Mark 16]
Failure, denial, and fear are not the end of the story, however. When things seem to end, there is a new beginning. The gospel is good news because one can begin again.
One may wonder how these discredited disciples could ever emerge as leaders of a growing church and fulfill their mission, but we know that their failure was not fatal. Neither is ours. God is the one who consistently makes something out of nothing. What seems like the end, and a pathetic one at that, is only a new beginning. God will continue to work with and revive the people.
Mark makes it clear that "the church exists because of what God has done in Christ, not because of any outstanding abilities in its first members." The gospel proclaims that the one "who began a good work in [us] will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" (Phil. 1:6)...
Christianity is not a closed book, and Christian readers are the latest chapter in a continuing story of God's good news. The question for us is...the same as it was for those early disciples, "Where do we go from here?" The next stage is up to us. How will we continue the story? Will we cower in fear or boldly proclaim the glad tidings of Jesus to the world?


When I first made the decision to move across the state, back with my family, as a way to (hopefully) get this depression under control; I was so afraid it was the end. The end of my life. The end of my friendships. You get the picture.

But I'm now realizing that it is the beginning of a new chapter in my life...and leaving doesn't mean I'll never go back.

I always felt like a failure. That I couldn't cut it. But sometimes it's not about me. Actually, it's really NOT about me at all. It's about God and how best to show HIS glory...

2 comments:

  1. Cheers to New Beginnings and New Revelations. HIS glory will be shown in your life and in the lives of those you share it with! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Javi!!! Nice to know someone is reading :)

      Delete