Friday, December 9, 2011

'Til Death Do Us Part...Wait! WHAT?!?

Marriage is a construct that is drilled in to most children from birth. MOST. I was not taught that. At least I don't remember it. Why is marriage such an important part of society today? The fact is that not everyone will get married. Yes, maybe I am a bit bitter. I would like to get married, but I'm afraid that it's too late for me. I don't want pity, though.

Maybe my parents thought I wasn't the marriage "type". What is the correct type for marriage, anyway? They (my parents) never told me the fairytale that some man will come along and love me for life. Don't I deserve that? I see so many problems in marriages today, that I often wonder why I even want to be married. But then again, there are so many people who are YOUNGER than me with spouses, babies, and houses. It's not fair. When is it my turn?

And if I have to endure one more "In God's timing" comment, I'm gonna scream...then cry. I've never had a boyfriend and would at least like a chance. Even if I don't get married.

REALITY CHECK: MARRIAGE IS NOT THE END ALL BE ALL OF LIFE!

I only wish that a) people would realize that and b) I believed that :(

No comments:

Post a Comment