Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Days 4-12

Wowsers. That is a rather large gap. And now that I'm sitting to write about it, I can't remember that far back. Oh well. I'll work with what I've got.

The beginning part of this "week" was not great. My exercises were tough and I was still hurting. I started going to therapy 2 times a week. It's been a lot of work for me.

I went to therapy when I was younger, but I didn't do the exercises at home. This time around, I was determined to do what the therapist told me. At first, I only did the exercises so I wouldn't get yelled at; but as time has gone on, I've decided that I want to get better. More importantly, I don't want to be stuck in bed all day. I guess that was the biggest thing that happened to me this "week".

I didn't see my exercises as a chore today...I didn't mind doing them. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're done; but I am starting to see the benefit. My legs are getting stronger and the pain is dissipating. Of course, some days are not this positive, but that's another part of the recovery process: taking things as they come. It seems learning that lesson is just as important, if not moreso, than doing daily exercises.

I also want to continue to lose weight. I'm almost at my goal...under 200 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment