Monday, October 17, 2011

Days 2 and 3

I was planning to do an entry each day, but that didn't happen. I am pledging to do at least two entries a week, however.

Sadly, I must admit that I forgot the exercises that the therapist gave me to do. :( But, there is a bright side...I made up my own! I did them both on Saturday and today (Sunday). I'd like to start pedaling as well, but I want to make sure I keep up with the leg exercises before throwing something else into the mix.

I still get tired waaaayyy too easily. That bothers me. I keep thinking I should be able to do this. I get nervous when I'm walking...always afraid I will fall...maybe I'll bring that up with the therapist on Wednesday.

I've been using my chair at church. It's kind of a catch-22. I feel awkward with and without it. I think I'm the only one who feels weird though. People are happy to see me regardless. I just feel so helpless and useless. I'm *ahem ahem* years old and need a wheelchair to get around sometimes; when I see people in their 70's and 80's who have no problems with mobility. I don't (usually) wish I didn't have a disability, I just think I'm too young to need that much help. Again, this seems to be more my issue than anyone else's.

I'm not trying to say I'm better than anyone else; more deserving; or even looking for pity. I just want to be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment