Saturday, September 10, 2011

A few thoughts on depression...

Okay, so I'm pretty sure no one reads this, but that doesn't really matter. And, no, I'm not saying that to be pitied, but rather, to throw out some heavy stuff. (And to let you know that I have a love affair with the comma)

The main character in one of the books I'm writing is suicidal. And I know a thing or two (or twenty) about that. I'm not right now (please don't call the police or try to have me baker acted -- been there, done that), but I have been in the past. I can't say that I've actually *tried* to off myself, but I've thought about it and there *may* have been some cutting. Anyway, I've been thinking about suicide/depression in relation to my character...drawing on my own experience.

Lately, I've been pretty sad...I've been stuck in bed because of the back pain. I'm hoping that will change after my surgery. But the guilt is overtaking me. I cry because I think I should get up. I cry because I can't do anything without resting. I cry because someone looks at me the wrong way. Am I crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment