Friday, January 14, 2011

Catching Up

So...

My computer died right before Thanksgiving. I lost all my files and music. My grandmother replaced the hard drive (not herself, but paid for it) and gave me back a usable laptop as part of my Christmas present. After being computerless for about a month, that makes a happy girl!

I didn't get my stuff back, but it's good. I can feel that I'm moving on; not lamenting for my files (as much). It is still hard; I'm not exactly upset or sad...just regretful. Like, 'oh, I wish I could work on that story' or 'I used to have that CD and now I have to pay for it.'

As it turns out, iTunes was able to restore some (most) of my purchased music. Wahoo!!! And now I'm being a lot more discriminating on what I actually want to pay for and have on my computer and iPod.

The Bible study is in limbo at this moment. It's been a week or two, and to be honest, I'm not sure when I'll get back to it. Funny how ever since I got my computer back, my time with God has all but disappeared. Hmmm...hope He doesn't take it away again. I need to make more of an effort.

I was planning, at one point, to post my daily readings/thoughts on my blog...maybe I need to do that. I'm such a baby sometimes; accountability is the only way to get me to do things...

No comments:

Post a Comment